Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:13:25 AM(UTC)

It's a combination heat shield, splash guard. The motor gets very hot during operation. The one behind the motor helps keep the heat away from the gearcase. There should also be one above and below the motor. How much effect it has is anyones guess. Apparently, the engineers thought it was a good idea.

Eric
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:04:23 AM(UTC)

What is the part # of the splash guard?

Simon.
wodag Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:53:06 AM(UTC)

OK....ran the machine empty in spin cycle without pump attached....and it works ....shuts off at end of cycle. So off I go to get a pump. Question....how critical is the 'fabric' splash guard for the back of the motor which fits just forward of the coupler? After several motor removals and some moisture...it is in tatters. Replacement is $40....if it is needed, what is the purpose? Moisture protection for the motor? Heat protection for the motor? Almost feels like an asbestos-like material. Want to be safe. Thanks to Simon and Fairbanks for their help!
wodag Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:31:48 PM(UTC)

transmission shaft (turning at coupler) turns in both directions. Pump looks good....just the black 'baffle' inside - no obstructions
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:05:17 PM(UTC)

Check if the the drain pump not jammed.Also check if you can manually turn the transmission shaft in both directions.

Simon.
wodag Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:01:34 PM(UTC)

yes, the motor shaft operates and spins freely in agitate mode when I disconnect from pump and transmission
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:28:20 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Did you disconnect the motor from the transmission and the drain pump as I ask you to do and then turn it on?
Check if the motor shaft turns freely without the load.

Simon.
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:57:37 PM(UTC)

Sounds like something jamming the pump. Pull the pump off the motor and see if it will agitate if it's full of water, or spin if it's empty. The pump runs in both agitate and spin but different direction. You said it was agitating and then stopped. Bad capacitor would not cause this, it's not in the circuit once the motor's running.

Eric
wodag Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:48:55 AM(UTC)

correction....set meter to x1K Ohms and capacitor goes to zero and then slowly goes back to infinity. From what I know, this means the capacitor is OK. So I guess I have to figure out the amp test on motor....not sure I can use my multi-meter for that one as well. Does it make sense that a bad motor speed selector switch would also prevent the spin cycle as well? Did not know that that speed selection switch affected the spin.
wodag Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:26:30 AM(UTC)

Simon,
Checked continuity (ohms) on two capacitor lugs....no response on meter. does this mean it needs replacing?