Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:23:32 AM(UTC)

If the fridg is running constantly, your freezer temperature should be well below zero, just check.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 9:45:21 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Adjust the air flow from the freezer to a minimum if possible.If still will be too cold - replace the cold control Part number: 5304404821
Part number: 5304404821

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Shelves parts for Frigidaire FRT18TPHW0 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Post the results.

Simon.
denman Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 9:38:36 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire FRT18TPHW0 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com
[COLOR="Blue"]
I have replaced the defrost timer[/COLOR]
A defrost problem would have caused the fresh food section to be too warm.

[COLOR="Blue"]and the temp control was replaced a few years ago. My son in law replaced the thermostat a couple years ago.[/COLOR]
I am assuming both the above are referring to the main temperature control thermostat

[COLOR="Blue"]I have checked the temp control and it seems to be working properly. I used an ohm meter to check it. I then placed the temp control in a working freezer and it had the correct reading.[/COLOR]
I am not sure how you did the test or how you determined it was OK.

Check that the evaporator/freezer fan is running. It should be on whenever the compressor is on. It is required for proper air circulation in the unit.

I am assuming that the compressor is cycling normally (not on all the time) though it may run longer than it used to.

Odds are that it is a main thermostat problem.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
house Dr. Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 5:25:56 AM(UTC)

The refrigerator is freezing food in the fridge compartment with the control on 1. I have replaced the defrost timer and the temp control was replaced a few years ago. My son in law replaced the thermostat a couple years ago. I have checked the temp control and it seems to be working properly. I used an ohm meter to check it. I then placed the temp control in a working freezer and it had the correct reading. Any suggestions?