Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bradboykin84 Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:29:12 AM(UTC)

I have a whirlpool electrice range. Model GY397LXU. I recently had an issue with the oven not heating to temp. I tested the Ohms on the Temp probe @ 72° ambient temp. The ohms read correctly. I had continuity on the bake element. However, when the oven was on, the power to the elements would cycle on for a few seconds and then off for a few. I ordered a new control board for the range and installed it today. Plugged the range back in and turned the oven on to 300°. The oven made it to 290° and started cycling power off to the control board. This model has a didigtal clock and readout. While cycling it will flash the time and 290° for a split second four times total. Then it will turn completely off for approx. 10 seconds and then flash it again. This repeated until I turned the breaker off and left it off to reset. I turned the breaker back on and set the oven temp to 250°. It heated to temp without any issues, but when I open the door, it cycled off like it did earlier until I closed the door back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.