Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rickgburton Posted: Friday, November 2, 2012 9:25:22 PM(UTC)

The motherboard shouldn't have anything to do with the ice maker other than if it's not cold enough in the freezer section. I'll assume the refrigerator is cooling properly and 24 hours has past since you replaced the motherboard and still no ice. Unplug the refrigerator for 30 seconds then restore power. During the first 15 seconds that power is first applied to the icemaker, the Service Diagnostic Test mode may be entered. The service mode is entered by pushing the feeler arm from the “out” position to the “in” position and back again 3 times and only 3 times within 15 seconds.
Note: If the icemaker has already started a harvest cycle and the arm is moving, it may be impossible to properly move the arm and enter the service mode without allowing it to reset and powering up again.
The service diagnostic mode consists of a harvest cycle followed by a water fill. The harvest cycle is entered immediately, regardless of icemaker temperature or arm position. While in the harvest cycle in the service mode, the heater will remain on for a minimum of 20 seconds. The water fill cycle will initiate the first fill (5.1 seconds) without waiting for the mold to “prechill”. Only one water fill occurs during the service mode, whether the thermistor has reached 39.2°F (4°C) or not. The icemaker will exit the service diagnostic test on its own and enter the normal freeze cycle
chavisfamily1234 Posted: Friday, November 2, 2012 8:52:20 PM(UTC)

Hi everyone, I hope some one could help me. I replaced a motherboard for this refridgerator. The part was recalled back in 2006. The new part is different. Everything works fine now except the icemaker. I was wondering I had two extra pieces of wiring left over both female 1 3 prongs and the other 5 prongs the new mother board they replaced the old one with had a extra place for a connection but the old original one didn't. I don't think I forgot any connections. Does it sound like one of the extra wires could have something to do with the ice maker? Thanks Ps I checked the water supply to thwe ice maker is working and the water dispenser is too.