Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jepop Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:27:13 AM(UTC)

will do and will report back when complete
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:05:32 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Looks like the door may need an adjustment. Loosen up top hinge screws and raise the opposite end (where the handle is).
Tight screws back.
Also see if you can raise the front legs.

Simon.
jepop Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:14:59 AM(UTC)

Part number (from the invoice)
AP4073216 (63001612) Seal, frz. door (wht)

Picture entitled gasket1 shows before lower fridge door is opened then closed (minor gap in center)

Gasket2 shows big gap after door is opened.
Gene Posted: Friday, November 9, 2012 1:12:32 PM(UTC)

What is the part number of the new door gasket?

Can you take a pictures of the door and gaps and post it on the forum please?

Gene.
jepop Posted: Thursday, November 8, 2012 11:55:45 AM(UTC)

I've just about had it with this door and gasket :mad:.

With all this being done, closing the bottom fridge door still 'blows' open the connection with the upper freezer. I have tried adjusting the feet in multiple combinations (right side higher, left side higher, etc) to no avail.

It seems as if the floor itself is off tilt and may have an effect on the issue.

I have not, however, looked up how to adjust the door itself. I am open to suggestions there.

I feel the gasket is fine and 'easily' tweakable, but the floor i cannot fix. This is a rental home and i do not intend to ask for a kitchen remodel (though needed) just for figuring out how to shim the rear of the unit up a little bit.

I think a quick fix may be to get some tiny neodymium magnets and cut tiny holes in the gasket and superglue them in place.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:29:37 PM(UTC)

Hi.

You have a hell of a stubborn gasket there.
Try this:
Open the door, use the heat gun few inches away from the gap. Work it toward the gap and pull the gasket with other hand. Don't let go until the gasket cools off, then move few inches and repeat the process.The longer the door is closed the better.
Sometimes the door itself should be adjusted too.

Simon.
jepop Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:05:04 AM(UTC)

Ok, i am back. I spent most of today working off and on with this, here's what i did:
1)unplug the unit
2)empty the freezer, clean off icicles and ice buildup
3)soak the gasket for 25 min in hot water
4)reinstalled gasket, paying closer attention to form fitting and taking my time to ensure the gasket fit in the groove.
5)heated the gasket with warm air (not hot) for 5 minutes, using a back and forth approach with one hand and pushing with my free hand on the outside of the door.
6)place a thin layer of petroleum jelly for extra sealant
7)plug the unit back in and push it back into place

This seemed to work at first, as there were no visible gaps. However, when i inspected an hour later, there was a visible gap.

So i repeated step 5 for 5 minutes again and it seemed fine. I still have not completely opened the door, for fear of loosing the gap adjustment.

Another half hour later, the gap returned, and i again repeated to re-heat the seal until it was filled.

Another hour later, the gap returned and this time i heated (on warm) for 10 minutes (good arm workout).

I then opened the lower unit (refrigerator) to get a drink and as i closed it i happened to look up and the gap returned immediately.

Could the unit be off tilt? Am i making this a bigger hassle than it should be? Do i have a faulty gasket? So many questions ;)
-JP
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 8:59:23 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Put the gasket in the hot water 15-20 minutes before the installation.

Simon.
jepop Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 8:41:09 AM(UTC)

Update: Three times i have tried to use the hairdryer to expand the seal to get a tighter fit, and although it seems to work when i am done. The seal retracts to an almost bigger gap (even with the petroleum jelly). I am going to try reverse the seal (take the bottom and put it on top) and try to see if that works. Will let you know what comes of it.
Adam / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:46:08 PM(UTC)

Testing spam filters