Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Lothar5 Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:22:28 PM(UTC)

Just found this and bending the spring fixed mine! Thanks!
Now to try to figure out how to align the doors...
Texastroker Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:11:49 PM(UTC)

Had the same problem with my frig FGUS2642LF2 flapper door, after cleaning and reapplying grease to no avail then trying to reduce the pressure on the locking mechanisms rod didn’t work either. The solenoid works off of a single electrical pulse to latch open and second pulse to disengage the lock to close after removing the container from the dispenser. After removing the dispenser for a third time I noticed how much spring tension the flapper door had, the door has 2 springs located on each side of it’s axis points. I removed the one closest to the solenoid and noticed the other spring had enough power to close the door. Reinstalled the dispenser and it works just fine now.
skyman2112 Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2016 8:27:30 AM(UTC)

I knocked the little spring out of the flapper door track when I was cleaning the microswitch. This post solved my problem I just popped the wire back in the track and now the door stays open to dispense ice.
I Used contact cleaner on the microswitch then 1 drop of wd40. Works like new again!
JJL Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2016 4:02:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: jkiphale Go to Quoted Post
DJ in WV response is spot-on. Thanks! The fix worked perfectly. just bent the wire detent slightly downward and the flap locked open for the proper amount of time. Purely mechanical issue. Poor design, apparently, since it frequently happens.:)

Didn't work for me. No amount of bending the clip helped, but removing the clip and slightly rounding the end that rides in the mechanism with a Dremel did the trick for me.
To remove the clip, first push against the clip on the right and move it backwards until it derails from the guide. Next, while pulling the clip slightly on the right, push against it on the left to collapse the leaf spring until the clip jumps out of its holder.
Now keep track of the right side of the clip and slightly round its end to remove the sharp edge, then reinstall in reverse order.
Agree that this is a very poor design that has obviously not been tested as it should have before going into production.
jkiphale Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:13:19 AM(UTC)

DJ in WV response is spot-on. Thanks! The fix worked perfectly. just bent the wire detent slightly downward and the flap locked open for the proper amount of time. Purely mechanical issue. Poor design, apparently, since it frequently happens.:)
bsaccount Posted: Monday, June 20, 2016 9:42:59 AM(UTC)

I've been dealing with the same issue and finally got it fixed thanks to you guys. I accidentally broke off a couple tabs on the lower corners while taking the trim off, but everything fits back together fine. It'll probably be easier to take the trim off next time if I have to deal with this again :D
jester22 Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:48:54 PM(UTC)

I just fixed mine in less than 10 min. I held the wire with the left hand and the right hand pliers I bent it down just slightly. Put a small arch in the wire. Hope this helps.
ben.schemmel@gmail.com Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2015 6:16:21 PM(UTC)

I have the same question as asked a few months ago. I'm not sure what we are actually bending on this to fix the issue. Is it the rod in the second image from the fourth post I think? If so, which way should it be bent?
hybridtrendz Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:58:05 AM(UTC)

Maybe I'm dense, but I can't figure out which way to bend the metal hook? Did bending that fix this for the long term?

We've been fighting this for over six months, almost ready to bite the bullet and call a 'repair person'
3gle5432 Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 2:29:41 AM(UTC)

I'm having the same problem, did your leak a little water? could you inform me

Originally Posted by: DJ in WV Go to Quoted Post
Just to follow up on this issue, I got it fixed this evening. It was not the auger motor actuator or any other electrical part for that matter. It was a simple matter of a very slight adjustment and minor lubrication.

If anyone is interested, I'll post what I found and how I fixed it.

Thanks for all the page views and if this will help someone else out there, I'll post it.