Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:45:17 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the update, it does sound like a motor starting to fail.
goofy14you Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:05:55 AM(UTC)

It seems like it is over heating, because it if I wait abouit 15 minutes it will start up again when I push the knob in. I have tried turning the dryer down and it seems to run longer but will still stop and then it will start again when it cools down.

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I assume when you say it is shutting off you mean the dryer has stopped operating, not just that the heating process has stopped.

The symptoms sound like your motor is failing. Here is the service manual which will show you how to so some tests on it.

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ary/docs/RS3200007R0.pdf

Hope this helps, good luck.
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:08:17 AM(UTC)

I assume when you say it is shutting off you mean the dryer has stopped operating, not just that the heating process has stopped.

The symptoms sound like your motor is failing. Here is the service manual which will show you how to so some tests on it.

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ary/docs/RS3200007R0.pdf

Hope this helps, good luck.
goofy14you Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 5:34:55 AM(UTC)

I have an Amana electric ale643raw Dryer that seems to be overheating then shutting off. I believe it has to do with the thermostat, but not totally sure or how to find out what is wrong with it. I need to fix this myself so was wondering if there was any help with this.Thanks for any help Kendra