Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:11:44 AM(UTC)

Your compressor starts up and vibrates for a few seconds verifying the start device is ok, so a new start device would not help.
You can invest in an amprobe with data capture mode to verify start current and later current over 20 amps tripping the klixon. Normal current should peak over 10 amp and settle around 1- 1.5 amp.
texrock Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 12:17:23 PM(UTC)

Do you think I should hire a pro to check it out or should I just start shopping for a new one?
richappy Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 9:35:06 AM(UTC)

You could have burnt windings that short out when fridg is plugged in, but not shorted to the housing.
texrock Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 8:40:11 AM(UTC)

Wouldn't a compressor test show a short to ground if it was bad?
richappy Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:48:58 AM(UTC)

If you hear a click from the compressor when it shuts down, you probably have a bad compressor drawing high current and shutting down on it's klixon overload.
texrock Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:07:53 PM(UTC)

Thought I'd get some input by now, but my Frig is still warm! Guess I'll call the serviceman and see what he thinks I should do....thanks
texrock Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:52:20 PM(UTC)

The frig and freezer quit cooling. Compressor stays warm but not running, fan is on. When I plug it in, compressor runs for about 5 secs. and clicks off. I checked pin to pin on the compressor with approx. 5-10 ohms across each. All pins are open to ground. Then assuming it was the starter, I took it apart and everything looks excellent with no burn marks whatsoever! Should I replace the starter #AP3962962 and capacitor #AP3131713? Each of the pics look identical to mine components. Thanks in advance.... does anyone have a COLD beer?