Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:05:47 PM(UTC)

I don't think you have to do it at this time.

Gene.
fgo2 Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:08:56 AM(UTC)

I am just thinking an older oven, older thermostat denegrating with time; when I am pulling out the unit to replace the board would it be best pratices to simply replace the thermostat on the upper oven. Perhaps I am being slightly anal.

Thanks for your input
Gene Posted: Monday, October 8, 2012 1:44:32 PM(UTC)

Frank,

Which thermostat did you mean? Why this part become questionable?

Gene.
fgo2 Posted: Monday, October 8, 2012 3:47:56 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The only thing which can cause it besides the relay board is a broken wire between the relay board and the heating element.

Gene.

Gene,

Finally getting around to ordering the replace the circuit board you recommended. Would it be prudent to order a thermostat at the same time considering I will have the oven out of the wall?

Thanks Frank
Gene Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:53:09 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: dmeekins Go to Quoted Post
My upper oven (upper burner only) stays on all the time after replacing my lower unit control board. It has never done this before. Suggestions.

What is the complete model number of the oven and the part number of the new control board?

Gene.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:51:42 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: fgo2 Go to Quoted Post
Gene, Thanks for the prompt response. One more question, is there a method to test this board or is it just a replace and see item?

The only thing which can cause it besides the relay board is a broken wire between the relay board and the heating element.

Gene.
dmeekins Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:10:02 AM(UTC)

If the Bake element works but the Broil does not then, most likely, the problem is a bad main relay board on the right side in the control compartment.

- The relay board Part number: 74006612

My upper oven (upper burner only) stays on all the time after replacing my lower unit control board. It has never done this before. Suggestions.
fgo2 Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:30:01 PM(UTC)

If the Bake element works but the Broil does not then, most likely, the problem is a bad main relay board on the right side in the control compartment.

Gene, Thanks for the prompt response. One more question, is there a method to test this board or is it just a replace and see item?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:28:51 PM(UTC)

fgo2 Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:29:10 PM(UTC)

The upper oven broiler element will not heat up. The setting works fine, fan comes on but the element does not heat. I exchanged it with the one in the lower oven and the element is not the problem. Any suggestions on what to investigate next?