Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:30:33 PM(UTC)

You are welcome Mike. Good luck.

Gene.
SuperMike Posted: Sunday, September 2, 2012 2:13:53 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mike,

Sounds like the ice maker has gone bad again. If you ordered it less than a year ago then APP will definitely exchange it due to the part warranty.

Gene.

Thanks, Gene... I checked and it's been a few months over a year, so probably out of luck on any warranties. As for right now, it seems to be working for periods of time before shutting itself off, so I'll probably just live with it for a while before dropping another $125 on another new ice maker. Or at least, I'll use it 'til it frustrates me. :D

Thanks again for the response.

Mike
Gene Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:13:40 PM(UTC)

Hi Mike,

Sounds like the ice maker has gone bad again. If you ordered it less than a year ago then APP will definitely exchange it due to the part warranty.

Gene.
SuperMike Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:38:23 AM(UTC)

Wow... great timing on this! I have/had the EXACT same problem with my Kenmore fridge. I just replaced the ice maker last year (with a new 2198597) because it had stopped making ice and the tines were in a down position (frozen into the ice). I bought a new ice maker through this site and installed it and it has been working great until this week.

Interestingly, it just stopped. Initially, the maker had ice frozen in the tray and the tines were against it, but it looked all frozen up. I removed the maker, cleaned it out, and reinstalled it. It made one tray of ice, dumped it, and stopped. Ice was again frozen in the tray, and the tines were up, but it wasn't dumping. I removed it and followed the same process, and again it froze ice but didn't move to dump it.

Finding this thread -- (thanks, drremlap... sorry to hijack it) -- I followed Gene's advice below:

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post

2. There is a slot for a shut off arm in the upper right corner (looking from the ice maker head cover) of the ice maker head. Insert a flat screwdriver into that slot and turn it CW. Give it a try.

I turned this slot, and it dumped the ice! :cool:

Problem solved? Not quite. Each time it dumps the ice, it seems to rotate and stop itself. I understand this is for the shutoff arm/wire, which stops the maker when it's in the "up" position. But what I don't know is why it keeps turning/shutting itself "off" after it dumps each tray of ice?? :confused:

BTW, my maker is mounted inside the freezer with the dispenser in the door, so I can't get to it easily to try jumper wires, etc. But i have confirmed the optics appear to be functioning properly.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike
Gene Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 12:41:35 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
drremlap Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:48:11 AM(UTC)

I Have Ice

Lots Of It

Been Going Strong For Two Days

I Think It Was That Turn Of The Slot

Thank You So Much :)
drremlap Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 4:18:41 AM(UTC)

Sorry was out of town on business for a couple of days.. I do not have a voltage tester - I think a neighbor does . I will let you know.

refrig # is KSRG25FKWH04
ice maker part # is 2198597
bought from McCombs Supply Co

I have used both old and new harness--the new one is in currently.

I just turned that slot.

I WILL ADVISE LATER.

THANK YOU
Gene Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:18:26 PM(UTC)

Remove the ice maker but did not unplug the wire harness. Remove the head cover and measure the voltage between the "L" & "N" check points. Be sure the test probes go inside at least 1/2". The normal reading suppose to be about 120 VAC.

If the reading is incorrect, unplug the ice maker wire harness and measure the voltage between the white & the black wire at the plug.

Post the results.

Gene.
P.S. 1. Where did you buy the new ice maker from? What is the part number of the new ice maker? Did you use the new ice maker wire harness?

2. There is a slot for a shut off arm in the upper right corner (looking from the ice maker head cover) of the ice maker head. Insert a flat screwdriver into that slot and turn it CW. Give it a try.
drremlap Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:10:29 PM(UTC)

When in ON position = top red light blinks two times, stops, blinks twice again, etc...

When in ON position = close flipper door on left side = red light stays steady and does not blink.

(FYI - the bottom light on right side never does anything..no red light, no blink)

THANKS
Gene Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 12:57:20 PM(UTC)

Open the freezer door. Be sure the slide "on-off" switch on the right side is on. Check the LED on the right side.

Close the flipper door on the left side and check the LED again.

Post the results.

Gene.