Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 4:25:36 PM(UTC)

The ice maker Part number: W10190965
Part number: W10190965

Gene.
RowdyRedRaider Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 2:36:25 PM(UTC)

So I finally got around to replacing the water inlet valve yesterday and I am still having the problem. Looks like MayTech is right. Does anyone have the part number for the ice maker?
MayTech Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 8:47:55 PM(UTC)

Watch a harvest cycle and wait until it fills. When it fills make sure it's not dripping from the back of the ice maker itself. If it drips from the back of the ice maker remove the I/M and check the coating on the mold. If it's flaking or peeling off it may need a new ice maker, the peeling coating will actually cause water to "wick" out of the Ice maker. I see this misdiagnosed for a water valve more often than not.

Hope this helps.
RowdyRedRaider Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:29:22 AM(UTC)

Gene I made the adjustment and it helped but didn't correct the issue so I am ordering the part today. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for all of your help so far.

Thanks,

RRR
Gene Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 1:12:06 PM(UTC)

There is a water level adjustment screw on the right side of the ice maker control module. Very likely you have to remove the ice maker head cover to gain the access to it. Turn the screw CW for about 180°. It should decrease amount of water coming into the ice maker.

If it would not fix the problem, replace the water inlet valve on the back of the refrigerator.

- The water inlet valve Part number: W10408179
Part number: W10408179

Gene.
RowdyRedRaider Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:48:32 PM(UTC)

I believe I may have misread the first reading. From what I can tell when it is 0 degrees the ice is intermittently good and bad. When I check and catch a ice cycle sometimes it's good sometimes it's like the first picture. Other times I just find the large clumps in the bin. I just caught an ice cycle that was good. I attached a picture (somewhat out of focus). I watched them fall into the bin with no issues. I did have to remove a clump out of the way so the arm could move back up to make the ice drop.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:17:20 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RowdyRedRaider Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for helping out Gene! I picked up a thermostat today and it isrunning at 30. I will check it throughout the day to see if it rises.

RRR

So, if I got it right, the first temperature test inside the freezer was about 30°F? Then, later, it was about 0°F?

If this is correct, what was with the ice cubes while the temperature reading was zero?

Gene.
nobull1466 Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 8:41:02 AM(UTC)

I would replace the water valve. There may be dirt in the valve which will keep it from completely closing
RowdyRedRaider Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 5:50:42 AM(UTC)

I have been checking the temp at different times during the day and it has been staying at 0. What should I do next?

Thanks,

RRR
RowdyRedRaider Posted: Saturday, August 4, 2012 1:10:41 PM(UTC)

Thanks for helping out Gene! I picked up a thermostat today and it isrunning at 30. I will check it throughout the day to see if it rises.

RRR