Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ApplianceJunk Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 7:08:01 PM(UTC)

The factory part number on the ice maker is Y13068002 and they can be found.
MayTech Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 7:03:03 PM(UTC)

I'm pretty sure it's not discontinued.. You can pop the front of the ice maker off and see if any springs popped loose, or if the switch moved.
seamusobrien Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 6:06:33 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the response. I figured it might be a bad ice maker and it sounds like I can't just replace the switch. Unfortunately there isn't a replacement ice maker to be found anywhere. I can't believe a 6 year old Maytag has a discontinued and unavailable ice maker! Go figure.
MayTech Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 4:47:19 PM(UTC)

AP5589956 Is the ice maker.. you'll have to pull the fill tube up through the top before you can remove/install the new one.. To remove the cover underneath the ice maker you'll need a small screwdriver, push in, then up, then pull cover towards you. disconnect wiring, then there is a plastic tab to the left of the ice maker use a flat blade or your finger to unclip then pull out whole Ice maker assembly.

hope this helps. does sound like a bad ice maker.
seamusobrien Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 9:02:56 AM(UTC)

My Ice maker won't stop making Ice and eventually starts leaking due to the ice jamming up everywhere. I've removed the Ice Maker and Bin from the Ice Box to thaw it out and hopefully correct the problem but I believe the swing arm switch that tells the unit the ice is full might be bad. I don't see a replacement part on the site and I believe Maytag still hasn't come out with an Ice Maker replacement yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Seamus O'Brien