Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Admin / APP Team Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 4:09:21 PM(UTC)

Nicely done!

Anytime...
metman Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 6:32:31 AM(UTC)

Thanks Gene,

It's not leaking and breaking both the impeller and the chopper worked. Cleaned up the shaft a little and put her back together as the repair kit showed up Friday. Seems to be working fine.

Thanks again guys
Gene Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 8:45:31 PM(UTC)

metman
Remove the bottom panel and check the pump for a water leak. The most common problem with such pumps is a slow water leak which is invisible and with a long time it causing corrosion to the motor bearing. If this is a case then you have to replace the whole pump and motor assembly.
If you still would like to replace just the impeller kit then try to break the wash impeller in pieces. It will make easer to remove the screw.
Good luck.
Gene.
metman Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2007 4:42:07 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Admin / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi metman,

Your model number is DU8500XB1.

Check out breakdown diagrams for the pump assembly. Look at numbers 11, 12. You may have to replace the impeller kit.

Thanks for correcting/knowing the right model number. I ordered the Drain & Wash Impeller Kit, but how do I get the old impeller out if I can't get the screw out?
Admin / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2007 4:04:17 PM(UTC)

Hi metman,

Your model number is DU8500XB1.

Check out breakdown diagrams for the pump assembly. Look at numbers 11, 12. You may have to replace the impeller kit.
metman Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2007 1:08:55 PM(UTC)

The noise sounded like something caught in the pump, so I started to disassemble it. I removed the lower spray arm and then the 8 SS Torx screws holding the top cover. Removing the cover exposed the black plastic impeller that had a 1" hex shoulder and a 1/4" hex head SS screw holding it on. I held the impeller still with a 6-point 1" deep well socket and tried to turn the 1/4" hex head screw with a 1/4" socket on an extension going down through the 1" socket.

The screw didn't really want to turn either way, but since the impeller turned CCW, I figured the screw had to have right hand threads. As I turned the screw CCW, something gave / snapped and now the screw is still tight but the impeller turns freely. I figure I broke what ever held the impeller onto the shaft.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Metman in KY :confused: