Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
SamO Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:28:49 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your reply, I took the back of the freezer apart and checked the diffuser, what a chore, but it appears to be working properly. There was only a little ice in the evaporator coils, lots of frost. I removed the ice and put the shrouds back in place and reset the temps. I had turned them down to see if the compressor could generate very cold temps. Even though it was a lot of work, I'm beginning to think that maybe the door didn't close properly and the high humidity we were experiencing caused it to ice up. I'll wait another week and see if we have the problem again before buying any parts. Thanks for your help.
MayTech Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 9:06:04 PM(UTC)

I would check the Diffuser first and make sure it's not getting stuck..
Also typical factory temp settings are 38 in fresh food, and 0 in freezer.

AP3084126 is the diffuser.

hope this helps
SamO Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 5:32:05 AM(UTC)

after reading a lot of q&a on this topic, I've decided that my circuit board is the problem for the following reasons, but feel a second opinion is a good idea.
Yesterday I noted a frosty spot on the back of the freezer and the frig too warm, over 40 degrees F. Freezer was at zero F. I removed the back panel in the freezer and found the evaporator coils partially frozen, over 1/2 ice logged, but less that 3/4. I defrosted using a hair drier and but the system back into operation. It seems to work better now, but not right. The frig has cooled down to 34 F, the freezer below zero, but it seems to be struggling to get there. I think the circuit board is bad as I have noted the freezer temp to be at -9 F (setting -4 F)and the frig at 42 F (setting 33 F) and the frig never seems to stop running, although the temps do cycle up and down.(??) The controls on this unit are electronic. Is there a spot I can check the board resistance, as on other units, to help determine for sure the board is bad? Also, coils are clean and all fans seem to be working. Thanks for your help