Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:43:58 AM(UTC)

I noticed you have two threads going so I will use the other one after this post as running two will just confuse things.
I assume that the thermal fuse you checked was the one on the blower as this is the one for the motor.

I would put the unit into timed dry as this circuit path is the easiest.
If the timer advances then you know that it is getting 120 volts so the door switch is closing. If not the door switch comes to the top of the list as the problem part.
Then unplug the unit and check the components in this circuit path for resistance.

At the top of the list would be the start relay contacts and the door switch.
Then the timer contacts.
Remember to remove the wire from one side of the component before measuring it. This prevents reading an alternate/parallel circuit path.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
neighbor Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:39:43 AM(UTC)

yes, I did check that also, Ive had some experience working on dryers and this one has me stumped. thanks for your reply.
denman Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:33:36 AM(UTC)

Here is the wiring diagram
http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%203406661.pdf

Did you also check that you had 120 volts L1 to Neutral? This is required to run the motor and the timer. Sometimes you can loose the Neutral without tripping the breaker.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
neighbor Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:04:39 AM(UTC)

Im working on my neighbors dryer and I have checked the door switch and the thermal fuse and still nothing. I do have 220v to the terminal block. please help? thanks:confused: