Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2012 1:02:08 AM(UTC)

Verify the condenser coils are free of a clog and the condensing fan is turning. If the condenser coils are not totally hot and the compressor is allways running, you probably have a bad compressor/ and or freon leak.
Amprobe current check and guage pressure readings would confirm.
cary24 Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 5:50:10 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: cary24 Go to Quoted Post
The freezer has some frost on the back panel, more than I woud have believed sine food is not freezing up in the freezer but the ice cubes are still froozen and the refrigerator is not near as cold as usual.Is this the defrost thermostst, defrost heater or the defrost control? Am I looking at the wrong solutions for this problem?
Thanks Cary

:mad::D:rolleyes::eek:
cary24 Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 5:45:50 PM(UTC)

cary24 Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 5:39:36 PM(UTC)

*********************************************** ******************* *************** ***************8
richappy Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 3:38:39 PM(UTC)

Pull the freezer back panel and check frost pattern, total, heavy frost, or partial?
cary24 Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 1:03:30 PM(UTC)

I am not sure of age but would guess about 10 or so years old. My GE TFX22ZRXDAA side by side is not working properly. The freezer part would not defrost, then our homes power went off and after coming back on 3 days ago the freezer had defrosted but is not freezing things and the refrigeratoris not getting near as cold as it should. Iwould guess that I have a Defrost control problem or a defrost thermostat problem. Is my guess right or could it be something else? Is it the thermostat or control?
Thanks
Cary