Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:10:22 PM(UTC)

Hi.

This separated pieces are part of the plastic nut.Take this old nut to any hardware store to get a new one.

Simon.
miraculix48 Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:58:14 PM(UTC)

Unfortunately, even the very end near the inlet valve is too brittle to do anything with it. Hence, I will have to connect the new tube to the inlet valve. As you can see from the attached picture, the connection to the valve is made up of four pieces, a threaded plastic nut, a conical piece slipped on to the tubing, a T-shape piece also slipped on to the tubing and a T-shaped piece inserted into the tube. The edge of the T supposed to be sitting right against the wall of the tube disintegrated from a simple touch, but you can still see the darker shadow of the inserted part. I cannot see these parts on your parts list; would you please help identifying the part numbers. Thx!
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 7:36:04 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Get the push on 1/4" plastic coupling and 2 feet of 1/4" tubing.
Very carefully cut the brittle part of the old tubing, install the coupling and new tubing.
With some patience and luck you can save yourself some efforts.
There is no need to get to the bottom connector.

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.

PS. Cover the compressor with wet rag - it will be very hot. Best - turn the unit off and cover the compressor.
miraculix48 Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 6:03:19 PM(UTC)

the plasic tubing running from the water inlet valve has become brittle and is broken. I guess I will have to pull the unit out from the surrounding cabinet to replace the tubing, this will be a challenge. Once I have removed the toe board, will I see where the plastic tubing connects to the line running up the door? Or is any other disassembly required? Also, my model number ends in a D, ZISW42EMD, not B and C as shown in your parts catalogue. Please advice what replacement part I need to order.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 5:42:19 PM(UTC)

Hi.

You will need to check two things.
First remove two screws and take off the top grill. Locate on the right side the dual water inlet valve and check if the water line is not broken.
If it's not go to the bottom toe cover and find the water line entering the freezer door. Disconnect the coupling and push the water lever. If the water comes out - the problem is frozen line inside the door. To access the water line you will have to remove the dispenser assembly from the front.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric ZISW42EMB Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
miraculix48 Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 4:05:14 PM(UTC)

I have a GE Monogram Freezer/Refrigerator side-by-side, model ZISW42EMD. Over the last few months, the dispenser took longer and longer to fill a glass of water. Now, it has stopped completely. The ice maker works fine. Any suggestions?