Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2023 5:01:49 PM(UTC)

If there is ice above the coils, would we need to replace the coils only or what else would need to be replaced? Compressor is running, and all parts on back seem ok. It just isn’t cooling. We were told by an appliance person that everything, including compressor, would need to be replaced.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 10:07:09 PM(UTC)

You are welcome.

Simon.
hogo Posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 1:14:32 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
No.The compressor would not run with bad starting components. If it's getting less than 108v it would not work properly.

Simon.

Thanks Simon, for your help.
Howard
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 12:14:26 PM(UTC)

No.The compressor would not run with bad starting components. If it's getting less than 108v it would not work properly.

Simon.
hogo Posted: Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:55:18 PM(UTC)

Hi.

It is a mystery. Most likely it's a sealed system problem.
Before calling the pro check if compressor gets 120v.

Thank you.

Simon.

If the overload relay is faulty would the compressor run but not cool?
Simon / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:43:30 PM(UTC)

Hi.

It is a mystery. Most likely it's a sealed system problem.
Before calling the pro check if compressor gets 120v.

Thank you.

Simon.
hogo Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:08:18 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Remove the rear cover and check how the evaporator coils are covered with frost if covered at all.

Please, post the results.

Simon.

Thanks for your response, there's no ice, just a mystery. The temperature went from cold to not cooling at all when I turned the temperature dial/adjustment down a bit.
hogo Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:01:50 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: hogo Go to Quoted Post
My whirlpool refigerator stopped cooling completely after I turned the temperature control down a little. The fan continues to run and the compressor has a low hum to it but never seems to get going. I tested the starter relay and its working so what should I try now? Got compressor running but still not cooling. Any ideas?

There's nothing on the coils and never was when it stopped cooling. The compressor stays on as does the fan. What doesn't make sense is the problem started when the fridge temperature dial was adjusted.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:49:47 PM(UTC)

Hi.

Remove the rear cover and check how the evaporator coils are covered with frost if covered at all.

Please, post the results.

Simon.
hogo Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:46:38 AM(UTC)

My whirlpool refigerator stopped cooling completely after I turned the temperature control down a little. The fan continues to run and the compressor has a low hum to it but never seems to get going. I tested the starter relay and its working so what should I try now? Got compressor running but still not cooling. Any ideas?