Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Save Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:34:25 PM(UTC)

Hi Paul,

How is the evaporator covered with snow?

How long are the intervals between running and non running compressor?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Frigidaire FFHT2117LW0 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
colusapaul Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:25:41 AM(UTC)

I have a Frigidaire refrigerator model number ffht2117lw0, that is not cooling properly. The freezer compartment is cool, but not cold- about 32 degrees. I checked the evaporator and it would measure 20 degrees. bottled water isn't freezing. The freezer fan works. The cold control might be intermittent. I checked it and it worked at that point. the compressor was working well. It checked out as far a continuity, and it was running, warm and I could hear it. It also had 120V going in, so that would not seem to be a problem...but I could not get a satisfactory amp reading while it was running. What is up with that?

Anyway, the fans run, the condensor is clean, there is no frost, it seems like everything is normal. The system is sealed, and there is no wear on it, so I doubt that I have any type of refrigerant problem.

Other than a sticking cold control, I can't think what might be wrong. The cold control runs about $90, so I thought I'd double check before going ahead.

Any Ideas?

Paul