Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:11:55 PM(UTC)

Pull off the freezer back panel and check the frost pattern, if total, heavy frost, you have a defrost problem, if little frost, that confirms a bad compressor/refrigerant leak.
1TechDad Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:39:23 AM(UTC)

It's run for about 3 hrs. now, and it doesn't appear to be cooling. It sounds alittle quieter, as I found two copper lines vibrating against each other and spread them apart. There doesn't appear to be much air flow inside the freezer either. Is there a fan behind the rear inside panel??
richappy Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:31:28 AM(UTC)

Let it run for a period.
1TechDad Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:23:06 AM(UTC)

I did that, and it sounded the same. Should I let it run for awhile?? Do the measurements I provided for both devices sound OK??
richappy Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:51:04 PM(UTC)

Just install the new start device and plug into it the run capacitor and fridg connector.
1TechDad Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:19:35 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Measure across the two,round, side by side output female pins on the start device, should be like 5- 10 ohms.

I ordered and received the new part using the part number you provided. The new part looks different than the existing one, the new part shows "OL" across the sockets that are side/side. The new start device shows "OL" across the same two pins. The existing run cap. shows "OL" across the blades when I ohm it out. What next??
richappy Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 10:32:34 AM(UTC)

Measure across the two,round, side by side output female pins on the start device, should be like 5- 10 ohms.
1TechDad Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 8:36:16 AM(UTC)

Copy that, will order a new one A.S.A.P...
richappy Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 11:45:11 PM(UTC)

Looks like you have a bad start device. A ptc start device is a rather small, black plastic device.
1TechDad Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 7:36:35 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Just to clarify things. If you have a rather large start device and not a ptc device, measure across the output (compressor side) side by side pins, should be 5 - 10 ohms. If way off value, like 27 ohms, it's bad.

What's a ptc device?? Socket to socket = 27 ohms. The run cap., I can't measure, as my meter keeps "ranging" on me.