Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rickw51 Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:04:45 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like you either did not get the thrust washer on with enough pressure, or more likely you have a brake problem. Getting into the brakes is not an easy repair and you have to have a special brake tool as the spring is under heavy pressure and can be dangerous.

Thanks. I replaced the brake and the machine will now spin but will not agitate. I suspect it is a brake engagement issue. Will adjust and try again. I was able to remove the brake quite easily by replacing two of the stator screws will ones that were 1.5 inches long. Removing these longer screws last (evenly) allows the spring to slowly decompress.
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:45:14 PM(UTC)

Sounds like you either did not get the thrust washer on with enough pressure, or more likely you have a brake problem. Getting into the brakes is not an easy repair and you have to have a special brake tool as the spring is under heavy pressure and can be dangerous.
rickw51 Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:36:10 PM(UTC)

During the spin cycle the washer never gets up to speed so clothes are still soaking wet. I replaced the thrust washer but it did not help. I did notice that I am unable to turn the tub (tried by using a wrench on the agitator bolt). Also the tub pulley underneath the washer will spin freely in either direction but the tub will not move when spinning the pulley.