Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fhokie Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:43:19 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here is a manual
http://appliancejunk.com...&id=106;t=1335085849
Perhaps the picture on Page 4-5 will help.
The wiring diagram does not seem to match up.

You may have to join the site to get the manual but it is a great site for info for the appliance DIYer.

If my link does not work the manual is in
Service Manuals \ Free Downloads \ Dryer Service Repair Manuals \ Page 2 \ 8178475 L-76 Whirlpool 24" Electric Dryer Service Repair Manual

Excellent, this is perfect, thanks so much
denman Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:25:32 AM(UTC)

Here is a manual
http://appliancejunk.com...&id=106;t=1335085849
Perhaps the picture on Page 4-5 will help.
The wiring diagram does not seem to match up.

You may have to join the site to get the manual but it is a great site for info for the appliance DIYer.

If my link does not work the manual is in
Service Manuals \ Free Downloads \ Dryer Service Repair Manuals \ Page 2 \ 8178475 L-76 Whirlpool 24" Electric Dryer Service Repair Manual
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ApplianceJunk Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:04:51 AM(UTC)

Hi,

There is not a tech sheet or wiring diagram available online for this model.
There maybe a tech sheet with the dryer.
fhokie Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:06:43 AM(UTC)

One of my thermostats went bad, causing the heating element to damage itself. I have ordered a new heating element and both of the thermostats because I'm not sure which one went bad.

The problem is in removing the old ones to inspect the damage I forgot how they were wired. I have found the parts diagram for this dryer, but no wiring diagram.

There is a black and a white wire, and a small red wire. I know the black wire goes into one prong on one thermostat, then the short red wire goes in the other, connecting to the other thermostat, then obviously the final prong on the second thermostat connects to the white wire.

As long as the red wire is connecting the two thermostats and completing a circuit, does it matter where the white and black wires connect?

If it does, can someone please let me know how?

thanks