Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:24:47 PM(UTC)

You are very welcome.

Simon.
woodsdog Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:11:37 AM(UTC)

I figured out the problem. There was something stuck in the drain pump, preventing it from turning. I had to take out the three hex head screws to clear it out.

Thanks for the suggestions. Very Cool!
Simon / APP Team Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:55:58 AM(UTC)

Hi.

If you have a 120v to the drain pump and impeller doesn't turn -replace the pump.
The drain hose before it's entering the disposer must have the air loop positioned higher then the disposer inlet.
Check the disposer inlet for clogs.

Good luck.

Simon.
woodsdog Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:22:05 PM(UTC)

I don't have an air gap. my drain tube goes right from the dishwasher to the disposal.

I don't notice anything turning in the pump. this might be because the impeller is hidden or it's not turning.
Simon / APP Team Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:20:16 PM(UTC)

Hi.

First of all you need to check the air-gap for any restrictions.
Open it and check central tube (top and bottom).

If everything is clear then see if the impeller turns when the drain pump is working.

If not - replace the drain pump.

The drain pump Part number: AP4540842
Part number: AP4540842

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric PDWT480R10SS DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck. Post the results.

Simon.
woodsdog Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:56:18 PM(UTC)

I'm having draining problems with my GE. I've already read a lot, and tried many things mentioned here, but I'm still not sure what it is.

Right now the dishwasher has been removed, and I've started inspecting different parts. Some of the things I have done:

* checked the sump area. It's all clean.
* checked the drain valves and tubes, all clean.
* took off the drain pump asm (part 325). I have hooked it up to a 120 and it makes noise. I'm not sure if it's doing anything, but it's making noise.

This machine is about 1.5 years old. What else could I check or look at?

Thanks for any help.