Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
debhug Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:47:10 AM(UTC)

Dear appliance repairman

Kudos to you ....i bought the new coupling for the washer, as it turned out the new coupling has been redesigned and includes a longer bolt...the fit was perfect and the washer is agitating exactly like it did when washer was brand new....my HATS OFF to you...thank you so very much for all your help !!!! I would recommend this site to everyone i know here in Illinois what a marevelous idea you have here. Being a single woman in her 50's, and on a very tight budget you and this site are a blessing!!! Keep up the good work Very Truly yours Debbie Hughes :) :) :) :) :)
applianceman Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:11:03 AM(UTC)

Yes it may be the transmission. You shouldn’t be able to turn it like that by hand the brakes may not be holding and that means a new transmission.
debhug Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:55:37 AM(UTC)

coupling doesnt turn by hand the whole mechanic assembly turns in circle and yes it spins and drains like it should .....its just when its in the washing mode it doesnt agitate it just sits there and slowly moves in a circle but when u hold the agitator back while its washing it works someone said it may be the transmission or the gear drive is that possible ???
applianceman Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 10:58:38 AM(UTC)

Yes the coupling may be your problem. When you got the agitator off did you try to turn the coupling by hand? If it will turn by hand the coupling is striped out. Does this machine spin or are you only having problems with wash?
debhug Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 8:17:51 AM(UTC)

alright i cleaned it all put it back on coupling and agitator all it is doing is slowly turning ...but it spins fine so im thinking its not the belt or the transmission ...would replacing the coupling make it move from side to side like its suppose to when its washing ?????
debhug Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 7:57:24 AM(UTC)

i removed the coupling and it and the transmission shaft is caked with what i assume is soap scum so am cleaning all components then going to try putting it back together..then will know if its the coupling ...but it only movrs in circle with transmission shaft it doesnt slide on its own
debhug Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 7:42:01 AM(UTC)

ok got the agitator off and the coupling screw or bolt is rusty ...when u said if i move it by hand its band...do u mean if i turn the whole thing its bad because the coupling isnt moving ...is it possible the agitator just worked itself loose from the coupling or jumped off ...its very dirty in there would cleaning it lock back into postion ???:confused:
applianceman Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 12:43:35 PM(UTC)

No, it just pulls off but it may be hard.
debhug Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 10:44:03 AM(UTC)

i cant get agitator off it wont come up ...is there something i need to do besides just pullup on it ....thanks Debbie
applianceman Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 10:35:55 AM(UTC)

This is the part I think is your problem Part Details - GE Coupling, Agitator, part number: WH49X10042

Just pull the agitator up and you should see this part. If your can turn it by hand it is bad.