Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:41:13 PM(UTC)

Hi.

When the compressor is hot and not running unplug the unit take out screw and bracket witch is holding the relay. Pull the relay straight out.
Plug the unit back in and using the multimeter check for 120v between Red and Ten (or White) wires at the start relay.
If there 120v present and the condenser motor not running,
than you've got a bad motor.
With the cooled down compressor start the refrigerator and check if the condenser motor runs.
If it's not running replace it and the start relay.

The start relay Part number: AP3210331
Part number: AP3210331

The condenser motor Part number: AP2111368
Part number: AP2111368

Her are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Frigidaire FRS24WNFW1 Frg(v4) / Side By Side Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.
77bravo Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:23:04 AM(UTC)

Hello. My refrigerator stopped defrosting, the freezer was cold but the other side was hot. I replaced the thermostat and the timer. The heater checks ok, I can hear the fan by the thermostat. I cleaned the coils and the fan by the compressor. It runs gets cold for 3 hours and then it clicks and the compressor and the fan located by the compressor stops running. The compressor gets real hot.

Can the problem be that the relay switch has gone bad or something else? How to I take the switch off of this model? The model number is Model FRS24WNFW1 . Thanks for your help.