Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
dmkuhner@yahoo.com Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:42:53 AM(UTC)

Please disregard my above comment on the rubber caps on thermistor, This cap belonged to the probes on the electrical meter. D
dmkuhner@yahoo.com Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:46:40 AM(UTC)

Wait ,,,,Does this make a difference, The freezer thermistor does not have its thick rubber cap like the refrigerator thermistor. The probe is also covered in black but not thick like the cap that goes over it. Just a thought?? Debbie
dmkuhner@yahoo.com Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:16:58 AM(UTC)

Hi, Me again. I replaced the control board and refrigerator still freezes and Freezer still too cold. I thought I should buy the air baffle (diffuser) and freezer and Refrig thermistors. Do you think this is correct?? Diagnostics on Kitchenaid show thermistors good and diffuser bad but since I can return with Appliance Parts Pros I shall buy all 3 parts. What is # for freezer thermistor.? Thanks
denman Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:47:28 PM(UTC)

There is not another way to tect the control board.

I would replace the control board first as that seems to be the most likely culprit from what you have posted so far.

Since you have done the troubleshooting you may want to order from AppliancePartsPros as they will let you return it if it does not fix your problem.
See their return policy.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dmkuhner@yahoo.com Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:18:36 AM(UTC)

So, How would I test the control board. And if it is bad do I order a diffuser also. oR could the Diagnostic test #5 (air baffle) test bad because the control board is bad. and by the way, the refrigerator does not freeze when the diffuser is not in position. Please address these questions. Thanks
denman Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:03:40 AM(UTC)

Sorry for confusing you.
If the diagnostics run OK it does not mean the board is good as there are many functions of the board that the diagnostics do not test.
dmkuhner@yahoo.com Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:33:16 AM(UTC)

I am confused on your last response. you said"correct" that control board was good because it was able to run thru the diagnostics. Then in answering the next question ,you said to replace the control board. The diffuser is the only item on the diagnostics that did not test "good".Is there something else that makes the heater come on that I am missing. Thanks.
denman Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:21:59 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="DarkRed"]So if my fridge runs thru diagnostics doesnt that mean control board is good.??[/COLOR]
Correct, the diagnostics just check certain operations of the board.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]So do you still think diffuser and control board??[/COLOR]
I would just replace the control board first , in my opinion it is at the top of the list since everything else looks normal.

You may want to order your board from AppliancePartsPros since you have done the troubleshooting they will let you return the board if it does not fix the problem.
See their return policy.
dmkuhner@yahoo.com Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:10:46 PM(UTC)

The diagnostics say thermistor is good. So if my fridge runs thru diagnostics doesnt that mean control board is good.?? And now freezer till testing -30 degrees and fridge near temperature ai set it at. So do you still think diffuser and control board?? Thanks
denman Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 3:55:58 AM(UTC)

I would check the thermistors, see the manual.
If they are OK I would replace the control board.