Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 10:59:28 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. The console Part number: AP4043476
Part number: AP4043476

Gene.
terryl Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 9:50:16 AM(UTC)

Gene, thanks for info, serial #62772355cr, model mdg5500aww
Gene Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:27:09 PM(UTC)

Sounds like the problem is a bad touch pad, especially with the new control board. The touch pad comes as a part of the console assembly. If you need the correct part number then post the serial number of the dryer.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG MDG5500AWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
terryl Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:37:27 AM(UTC)

dryer touchpad will lockup and none of the buttons will respond. there is usually a number of minutes in time indicator, and it makes a few beeping sounds and that is all it does. after a while it will sometimes work after i unplug for a while. i replaced the main controller board and it started working immediatly, but did the same thing as before when my wife tried to use it a few hours later. could it be the touchpad causing problem or is ther something else causing problem. help! this is getting expensive.