Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:39:45 PM(UTC)

Ok, sounds like your transmission or the brake assembly (I think that is what you were turning, not the clutch) became bound up and jammed the motor. It is also possible the clutch cam did not release the brake. The motor has an overload feature which prevents it from overheating and failing when it cannot run, but that does not seemed to have worked with your machine.

This is the type of diagnosis where it really helps to be there, but that is not possible. Based on what you have said it sounds like you would need to replace both the motor and transmission or brake assembly and/or clutch in which case I think what you would need to replace is the washer.
vvesp Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 5:38:40 PM(UTC)

Ok, here's mine..

Machine stopped working mid-cycle. Wouldn't drain, spin nothing but a hum and a odor of over heating electrical components (motor windings I think). Anyway, took the motor off of the transmission and found that the clutch (I think) will not turn clockwise. Also found that when I energized the motor, it will hum until I give the spindle a spin with my fingers but then I can physically stop it with my fingers as well. Motor shot? If so, could a transmission or clutch failure cause the motor to poop? Any help or advise will be appreciated.