Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:44:23 AM(UTC)

You should NEVER use a 3 n 1 hard start device, they will eventually blow out the compressor. Also, I have never seen a modern R134A compressor with a 1/2 hp rating, so you installed the wrong start device.
If your windings are now open, you blew them out. If they show resistance, like 3 to 5 ohms, unfortunately, the only way you can verify the compressor is good is to install the proper start device, AP3837323
Miguel*Paredes Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:52:48 PM(UTC)

Hello,

I've been trying to repair Side-by-Side 26 cu. ft. Frigidaire refrigeratormodel number FRS266ZDSB4 and yesterday I installed a 3 in 1 Start (SupcoRCO210 for 1/2 HP compressor) and this is what I did:

I placed the ammeter on the white wire (Start compressor terminal) and thenI plugged the unit in, the amperage on the white wire read 8.10A and thecompressor worked for about 2 seconds and shut off leaving only at .10 A withthe fan on. After a few minutes I tried again the same procedure and this timethe compressor did not run at all and the ammeter showed .12 A and only the fancame on. What could be happening? I checked the compressor terminals and thewindings appear to be in good shape: Common 9.6ohm, Start 5.9ohm, and Run 4.1ohm so Ibelieve the compressor could not be the problem, but I think that there might be an electricissue that is hindering the compressor from working normally? Please advise.

Thank you very much in advance for your reply!

Miguel