Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:35:17 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
...Assuming the ice maker "on-off" switch is "on", unplug the ice maker and check for 120V between the black wire and the white wire on the wall plug while the light switch on the left side and the flapper (on the left side) are depressed...

ken311,

Did you do this test? If you did, what was the result?

Gene.
ken311 Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:35:21 AM(UTC)

Sir, the light sw works (on/off of light). Can I assume it is ok? If I ohm it out...it will show good because it works the light correctly now. Could this problem be tied into my frig side of no lights plus no illumination of the control panel? Should I be looking at the main control box lower aft by the compressor?

k
meyerg1 Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 2:07:17 PM(UTC)

Where can I get the manual that discusses how to perform the dianostics and can it be retrieved online?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:34:05 PM(UTC)

Assuming the ice maker "on-off" switch is "on", unplug the ice maker and check for 120V between the black wire and the white wire while the light switch on the left side and the flapper (on the left side) are depressed.

If there is no 120V and there is nothing wrong with the optics then the problem is a bad light switch.

- The part number for the light switch is AP3108668

Gene.

P.S. There is a thermostat inside the ice maker and it has to cool down before the ice maker start to work. Normally it takes a few hours.
ken311 Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 3:37:20 PM(UTC)

the repairman ops checked my icemaker and it is good. The optics diagnotics past test. I unplugged the frig, and installed theicemaker. After 30 mins...still nothing....icemaker did not advance and no water. There is no AC volts across L-N. What now?
ken311 Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2008 6:07:05 PM(UTC)

All i see is the water hose going through the bottom hinge. The wire harness is at the top hinge. All dispenser swithes work ok (front of freeer door).

The black/white striped wire that is power to the icemaker connector (i believe) goes up through the bottom, aft of the frig....and power is there. Where/how do I check for volts in the wire connector in the freezer (with the ice maker un-installed)?
Gene Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:11:06 PM(UTC)

ken311,

Check the wire harness by the bottom freezer door hinge.

Gene.
ken311 Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2008 2:18:22 PM(UTC)

My ice maker is inop. I did a full optics diagnostic for 2002 design boards and all checked IAW the proceedure. I am concrened that I do NOT have pwer (Volts) at the icemaker. Where/how do I check the power at on the ice maker connector/frig freezer side? I have volts on the Black wire in back if the frig at the connector...but i don't know if it is at the connect in the freezer.
With the icemaker installed, there is no Volts across L-N. I ohmed L to the ice recepticle black wire with .5 ohms. So, the thermal is not blown, correct?
Gene Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 7:02:48 PM(UTC)

Keep me updated, please.

Gene.
jparte01 Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 6:57:04 PM(UTC)

Thank you very much. You've been a big help.