Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:41:42 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Thank you for the feed back.

Gene.
DW1029FD Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:32:33 AM(UTC)

I neglected to post this earlier. I replaced the temp control board as you recommended and now the machine works. Thank you for your help!
Gene Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:33:40 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
DW1029FD Posted: Friday, March 23, 2012 11:13:01 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene. I appreciate the input. I figured that was the problem but was hoping it was something a little cheaper. I appreciate your help! :)
Gene Posted: Friday, March 23, 2012 7:38:37 PM(UTC)

The control board attached to the timer is the water temperature control. Per your description, most likely, this is the culprit. If you would like to test it, the instructions are attached.

- The temperature control board Part number: AP4028021
DW1029FD Posted: Friday, March 23, 2012 3:19:11 PM(UTC)

I went to start my Maytag washing machine (MAV6000AWW) and heard a clunk noise behind the control panel. The machine would not start. I opened the back and found the control board fell off where it was clipped to the back of the timer. I put it back on but machine still won't start. I replaced the timer thinking that something happened with it but still the same problem.

I found that the machine will start if I select the hot/cold setting but will not even make a noise or sound like it is trying with any of the other temp settings. I pulled the hot and cold hoses from the back and verified they are both unclogged and water flows. I removed some of the buildup from the screens where the hoses attach to the inlet valve. The inlet valve does not appear corroded anywhere.

Could the problem be the inlet valve or is it more likely the control board that fell off the timer?