Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Frank / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:27:20 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Frank / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
A sure fire way to tell if you've got a valve that's faulty is to pull the electrical cord when the machine is filling, the water should stop right away. If there is a delay then the valve is bad.

If it's not the valve at fault you need to look at the hose that goes from the water level switch down the tub. It may partially obstructed or may have a leak in it. The last part involved is the water level switch, which rarely fails. Below is a link for the above mentioned parts.

LAT8415AAE'); return false; " href="http://www.appliancepartspros.com/search.aspx?model=LAT8415AAE" target="_blank">Model LAT8415AAE

LAT8415AAE'); return false; " href="http://www.appliancepartspros.com/search.aspx?model=LAT8415AAE" target="_blank">Model LAT8415AAE
Frank / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:25:03 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: tealle Go to Quoted Post
I only use my washer with a full load and when the water level is set for this type of load, the water keeps on filling over the level where it should be shutting off. It will therefore go over the top of the machine and onto the floor etc. If I set the water level knob at approximately a half-load water fill, the water will usually just fill to the full level stop. Is is the water valve that needs to be replaced? Thank you

A sure fire way to tell if you've got a valve that's faulty is to pull the electrical cord when the machine is filling, the water should stop right away. If there is a delay then the valve is bad.

If it's not the valve at fault you need to look at the hose that goes from the water level switch down the tub. It may partially obstructed or may have a leak in it. The last part involved is the water level switch, which rarely fails. Below is a link for the above mentioned parts.

tealle Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 10:47:55 AM(UTC)

I only use my washer with a full load and when the water level is set for this type of load, the water keeps on filling over the level where it should be shutting off. It will therefore go over the top of the machine and onto the floor etc. If I set the water level knob at approximately a half-load water fill, the water will usually just fill to the full level stop. Is is the water valve that needs to be replaced? Thank you