Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Frank / APP Team Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:28:50 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: peggy777 Go to Quoted Post
My freezer is making a horrible humming noise, started doing it about a month ago, but usually stops after a few minutes. It hadn't done it for a few weeks and just started again, now the loud humming won't stop. It sound like it is coming from around the ice maker.

It could be the IM making the noise but if it's still producing ice and working normally that probably isn't it. If it's constant the whole time the unit is running I would suspect the evaporator fan motor. It's behind the rear freezer cover and it's what distributes the cold air throughout the unit. They are known to make noises when start going bad.

Part number: AP3845420
peggy777 Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:22:03 PM(UTC)

My freezer is making a horrible humming noise, started doing it about a month ago, but usually stops after a few minutes. It hadn't done it for a few weeks and just started again, now the loud humming won't stop. It sound like it is coming from around the ice maker.