Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 6:06:17 PM(UTC)

This is very unusual situation. The problem can be a bad wiring, a bad timer or a bad centrifugal switch. I can not be more specific because I did not find the wiring diagram for this model.

Gene.
pkendzor Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 4:20:27 PM(UTC)

thanks Gene. I did take the dryer apart finally as the problem has been erratic. I did put a new motor in a year or so ago. no lint build up inside. I did run the unit without the drum and it seemed to run and heat cycle just fine. Had new rollers so i put them in. It will still cut out after 4 to 5 minutes. not all the time, but enough to annoy me. Dryer will start up again right away with no straining noises from the motor. Since I could not recreate the stopping with the drum off i have no way of knowing if there is a problem with the gas valve when it stops. but i would think that would not stop the motor. Bad thermal switch on the motor?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:42:21 PM(UTC)

Sounds like the motor is dying. The problem, as you described it, has nothing to do with the ignition.

Does it make any noise when you restart it?

Try to take the dryer apart and clean it inside. If the lint had accumulated inside, it can cause the motor to overheat.

If you would like to replace the motor, APP price is $77.41

- The motor Part number: AP3094245
Part number: AP3094245

Gene.
pkendzor Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:06:45 PM(UTC)

I recently changed the motor in this dryer, maybe a year or so ago. Now the dryer likes to stop after running only a couple minutes, it will restart immediately. It does heat properly and will run a full cycle if I keep restarting it. Sometimes it works as expected, sometimes it needs to be restarted 4 or 5 times then will finish the cycle.
Question, if the ignitor is weak or the coils are bad will the motor stop on the dryer? do I replace those parts or suspect my motor again?