Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fixyourboard Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 7:31:17 AM(UTC)

If you unplug the sensor from the control board you can measure its resistance at room temp ... should be about 1090 ohms at 70 F. Here's a link to the tech sheet if you don't have it.

http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%204454773.pdf

Bruce
ckumpa Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 6:56:18 AM(UTC)

Thank you for the suggestion. How do I check the temperature sensor? Is there a way to determine if it is malfunctioning?
fixyourboard Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:59:40 PM(UTC)

First you should check the temperature sensor. If the sensor is reading abnormally hot it may explain the symptoms ... controller thinks the oven is very hot so it keeps the fan on and locks the door...

Bruce
ckumpa Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:46:21 PM(UTC)

How do I replace the the control panel on my 12 year old Kitchenaid Electric/Microwave Combination oven? I've pretty much determined that this part is faulty because the door locks up, the cooling fans runs, it displays "too hot" if I push bake. BTW, I was broiling, not cleaning, when this happened. Turning off the breaker does not reset it. I can get the door open when the breaker is off, but it just locks right back up when I turn the breaker on.
Does this sound like a new control panel is needed? and if so, how do I go about accessing the old one to replace it?