Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2009 8:03:43 AM(UTC)

I would do a Google search to check what skf bearings you need for your model washer. Also get advice for the job.
PURNRG Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2009 7:10:20 AM(UTC)

Ok Thanks for your help. I will let you know what happens. I think i will try your route.----------------------------------------------
PURNRG Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2009 7:07:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: PURNRG Go to Quoted Post
Ok Thanks for your help. I will let you know what happens. I think i will try your route.
PURNRG Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2009 7:05:40 AM(UTC)

Ok Thanks for your help. I will let you know what happens.
richappy Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2009 5:33:29 AM(UTC)

You might not want to go that route. I used a steel pipe to pound out mine. I would pound out the inner bearing first, then the outer. Most of the time, the outer bearing is ok. If it looks good, pound it out with a wood dowel to preserve the bearing cover. This site can get you the seal for the tub.
Get the sk numbers from the bearings, or mike their dimensions, and order them from a bearing house on line. Opt for sealed bearings, they last a lot longer.
Before ordering bearings, I would make sure you have no other major problems.
Good luck.
PURNRG Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2009 5:21:58 AM(UTC)

Ok Thanks. I found this web site that this guy is selling a bearing kit for the neptunes and you can also rent his tony tool ,which is a bearing puller he made. Have you heard or seen this website ? If so do you know if it is legit? This is the website. TO ORDER

Thank you.
richappy Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 1:26:12 PM(UTC)

You have bad tub bearings and seal. Without repair the increased load on the drive system will burn out either the motor, or the speed control board.
If you are good at mechanical repair, then it's probably worth repair.
Take the back panel off and look for water marks from the tub bearing in back of the pulley.
PURNRG Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 10:17:11 AM(UTC)

Hello to all , i am new here. I have a maytag Neptune about 5 yrs old or so.About a month ago on the spin cycle it started getting loud and now today after the spin it had a funky smell , i guess it was a burning type smell. I am pretty good @ fixing things ,anybody have an idea were to start?

Thanks for any and all help.