Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 12:53:58 PM(UTC)

Remove the top grill and open the control panel. Discharge the high voltage capacitor (#40 on the diagram) and test the capacitor. Also test the high voltage diode (#41).

If there is nothing wrong then the magnetron (#9 on the diagram) has to be tested as well. In order to access the part you have to remove the microwave from the cabinet and remove the outer case. Remove the wires from the magnetron and check for continuity between each magnetron terminal and the body of the magnetron. If there is a continuity then the magnetron has to be replaced.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL MH1170XSS0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
fsh962 Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:32:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You have to have a simple multimeter to perform the troubleshooting. Let us know when you ready.

Gene.

Hey Gene I am ready!
Gene Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:13:10 PM(UTC)

You have to have a simple multimeter to perform the troubleshooting. Let us know when you ready.

Gene.
fsh962 Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 11:03:24 AM(UTC)

i have a w/p mdl mh1170xss-0, i had a parts replacer/tech that i fired , he already replaced xfmr and capacitor. it comes on buzzing for 3-5 sec. and blows circuit brkr,please help