Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
tbn3 Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:04:03 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: scottc Go to Quoted Post
The Ice machine just stopped working. I tested the water solenoid by appling 120v to it and it energized and feed water to the ice machine basing which had been "Dry".

When I tested for 120v at the solenoid there was none when I had the wires just pushed onto the soleniod, but when I removed the wire bracket and just test for 120v across the wire bracket it showed 120v across the orange and white wires. I had 120v to ground from the white wire and nothing on the orange wire (which I believe is the ground wire.

I am thinking that what ever controls this 120v supply must "not" be completely "made". It might be just passing the 120v on the white wire with no load. But when a load is attached (ie: soleniod) there isn't enough of a contact to properly pass the 120v.

So I think I need to know where and what controls the 120v to the soleniod that is located at the lower left back hand corner of the refrigerator.

Thanks for any assitance that you give me.

Scott

I can tell you I've had the same problem with everything checking ok. Found out that the water line coming into refrigerator was just a tiny bit kinked! Once I straightened the line and made sure when I pushed refrigerator back it had NO occlusions, and also made sure no ice build up at all where it comes out and into receiving tray, AND cleaned all the surface area where ice is made and then "pushed/turned" into that receiving tray....it worked fine.
Never would have thought it would be that easy. May not be your problem but I am definitely glad I checked that line before doing anything else. :cool:
scottc Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:13:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: scottc Go to Quoted Post
The Ice machine just stopped working. I tested the water solenoid by appling 120v to it and it energized and feed water to the ice machine basing which had been "Dry".

When I tested for 120v at the solenoid there was none when I had the wires just pushed onto the soleniod, but when I removed the wire bracket and just test for 120v across the wire bracket it showed 120v across the orange and white wires. I had 120v to ground from the white wire and nothing on the orange wire (which I believe is the ground wire.

I am thinking that what ever controls this 120v supply must "not" be completely "made". It might be just passing the 120v on the white wire with no load. But when a load is attached (ie: soleniod) there isn't enough of a contact to properly pass the 120v.

So I think I need to know where and what controls the 120v to the soleniod that is located at the lower left back hand corner of the refrigerator.

Scott

I do not know what controls the soleniod. can some help
scottc Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 2:09:58 PM(UTC)

Scott