Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
TechnicianBrian Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 7:35:59 PM(UTC)

Did the defrost heater ever turn on while you were doing the initial defrost? My guess based on your description is an open defrost terminator which is attached to the evaporator. You should be able to read continuity through it in a cold freezer. If it reads open, then that is likely the problem.
kencc@bellsouth.net Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:05:31 PM(UTC)

Have a Kenmore Elite, over and under, model #596.72283200 Fridge that stopped defrosting about two months ago. I cleaned the coils, vents and grills, tried resetting the ADC (Automatic Defrost Controller) controller by pressing the light switch 5 times within 6 seconds and totally defrosted the freezer with no improvement. Freezing up reoccurs within 7 to 10 days without fail. Then I ordered a new ADC control board, (Took me two hours to find that little freekin thing in the fridge!) replaced it and it's still freezing up. The only thing I did differently is that after installing the ADC control board I removed the Ice maker as it isn't used. My question is; if removing the ice maker would make the ADC board not work correctly and if not, what would be my next step? (consider me somewhat mechanically inclined. :D)