Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
vitaly Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:48:11 AM(UTC)

Thank you denman!
I will check all that out when I get some time.
denman Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2012 3:36:41 AM(UTC)

Remove the kick plate.
Check that the wash/drain solenoid pulls all the way down during drain.

Remove the sump cover from the tub floor and check for debris in the sump.
Be careful as there is often broken glass in the sump.
Also check that there is nothing wrapped around the chopper.

Remove the spray arm and look down into the throat so you can see the wash/drain flapper.
Many of them have a rubber stop in the center of the flapper, check that it is still there.
If you click on the picture in the parts of the pump another page will open with new views you can see the stopper in the middle picture.

While looking down the throat manually push the wash/drain solenoid piston down to be sure the flapper is closing all the way.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
vitaly Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 10:52:05 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Ronsstuff Go to Quoted Post
Check The Basics First. If Your Drain Line Runs Through Your Disposer,make Sure It Is Clear And Unrestricted.watch When It Drains To See If There Is A Little Water Being Pumped Out,or A Full Strong Stream.if A Little Only, You Have A Restriction In The Filter Area,drain Line, Or The Pump Is Bad. The Unit Is An Entry Level Unit, And In My Opinion Is Not Worth The Cost Of Replacing The Pump As It Comes As A Motor/pump Assembly.

Thank you Ronsstuff!
The drain line is unrestricted and it looks like the strong stream is pumped out, I will double check again.
I would hate to replace the pump. :mad:
Ronsstuff Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 10:25:22 AM(UTC)

Check The Basics First. If Your Drain Line Runs Through Your Disposer,make Sure It Is Clear And Unrestricted.watch When It Drains To See If There Is A Little Water Being Pumped Out,or A Full Strong Stream.if A Little Only, You Have A Restriction In The Filter Area,drain Line, Or The Pump Is Bad. The Unit Is An Entry Level Unit, And In My Opinion Is Not Worth The Cost Of Replacing The Pump As It Comes As A Motor/pump Assembly.
vitaly Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 9:27:07 AM(UTC)

My dishwasher does not drain below the door. It goes thru all the cycles with typical noises, but there is always water below the door at the end.
The water is dirty, so it does not properly drain neither after the wash nor rinse cycles.

What can cause the problem?

Model: GSD500X-72BA

Link to the parts page: Replacement parts for General Electric GSD500X-72BA DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Please help!
UserPostedImage