Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:28:50 PM(UTC)

It might be a loose connection at the ice maker plug or somewhere inside the ice maker. Hopefully it will last a few more years.

Gene.
knoxtoy87 Posted: Monday, August 3, 2009 5:23:28 PM(UTC)

I don't know what I did but it's making ice again.
All i did is unplug/remove the ice maker and wash it down to remove the ice, then I plugged it back in. also checked the water. maybe it was frozen? thanx for the help.
Gene Posted: Monday, August 3, 2009 3:26:05 PM(UTC)

The first thing I would do is check if the water feeding tube into the ice masker is not blocked or frozen.

If there is nothing wrong then the problem can be a bad water valve or a bad ice maker. Remove the wires from the water valve solenoid and apply 120 VAC straight to the solenoid.

If the ice maker will fill up with water then the problem is a bad ice maker.

If not, then the water valve is the culprit.

- The water valve Part number: AP3189335
Part number: AP3189335

- The ice maker Part number: AP4345120
Part number: AP4345120

Gene.
knoxtoy87 Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2009 2:10:57 PM(UTC)

I have water on the main line, but none after the valve (light blue in color, bottom of fridge) I checked power to the valve with a volt stick and it doesn't beep or light up. is there a schematic someone can find me? or where should i check next. I dont have my meter with me right now so its kinda hard. i only have a volt stick at the moment.
thanx