Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:39:24 PM(UTC)

What is the complete model nu8mber of the refrigerator?

What are exact measured temperatures in both compartments?

Can you a frost on the rear panel in the freezer?

Gene.
firevato Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:27:31 AM(UTC)

I have a Kenmore refrigerator with freezer on top. Frig is working fine but freezer is not. I can hear the motor running in the freezer. What should I check next?:confused:
richappy Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:57:57 PM(UTC)

It needs to be confirmed you have a bad control module part 8201660 I still feel you have refrigeration problems. If I where there, I would measure the evaporator temperature with my laser thermometer, would tell the status of the system.
If you have a thermometer,measure the lowest freezer temperature and post.
mtovar Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:52:28 PM(UTC)

If we bought an intermittent control module, would it be too difficult or dangerous for us to replace ? I looked on the part list and only saw a icemaker control module. Is that the part we might need? Could you possibly direct us in the removal and installation of the module? My husband has enough tools for the job and could probably figure it out with some help.
richappy Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:11:40 PM(UTC)

That changes the picture entirely. You might have a intermittent control module in this. If you have a meter you could check.You also could have a compressor overheating and shutting down. Just observe what is not running when it gets warmer.
mtovar Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 11:04:26 AM(UTC)

The freezer seems to be cooler again, but it seems like it it cycles between warmer and cooler. Is there some sort of timer that could be bad and if so is this something that we could do?
mtovar Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:27:08 AM(UTC)

Thank you for the honest appraisal. Looks like we'll be hunting down a new unit. Thank you for all your advice.
richappy Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:00:49 AM(UTC)

If the refrigerator worked fine for several hours, then failed and the compressor was running for the entire period (it should be vibrating and warm), then you have a serious system problem for a pro to look at.The service person probably knew this, just never told you. Considering it's age, probably not worth fixing, just too expensive.
mtovar Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:52:51 AM(UTC)

So is it time to call a repairman?
richappy Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:39:17 AM(UTC)

From the evaporator picture, if that's the most frost you can get after a long time in running, you either have a leaky piercing valve, bad condenser motor,bad compressor, or an evaporator refrigerant leak. This assumes the compressor is running all the time.