Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
nlcowand Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 4:48:34 AM(UTC)

I decided to go ahead and order the spark module, thermador part # 00618624. I installed it and that solved my problem... Oven works fine now.
Thank to Appliance Ninja for your help!
Appliance Ninja Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:09:47 AM(UTC)

When the bake cycle is selected, there is 120 VAC sent to the module mounted on the back of the range. That voltage is changed to DC voltage and used to spark the igniter. So, we need to determine if the module is getting the 120 VAC. The bake relay is labeled K3 on the board and is what needs to close to send the 120 VAC to that module. Can you locate that relay and measure if there is voltage making it out of that relay to the module? Test between the wire to the module to ground for 120 VAC, let me know what you find. The oven does need to be set to a bake cycle to test.
nlcowand Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:49:47 AM(UTC)

Thermador PRG 366EG-01
thanks
Appliance Ninja Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:47:09 AM(UTC)

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
nlcowand Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:43:25 AM(UTC)

I only have one wire coming from the spark module to the igniter. It is not a glow plug. I feel the gas valve is fine because I do smell gas
Appliance Ninja Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:32:58 AM(UTC)

There are two wires that go to the igniter. One comes from the gas valve and one comes from the control. Can you test from the wire that comes from the control with one meter lead and the other to any metal surface (ground) for 120 VAC when the oven is set to bake, please?
nlcowand Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:31:22 AM(UTC)

Appliance Ninja, thanks for reply
yes I do
nlcowand Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:30:03 AM(UTC)

Yes I have a volt meter
Appliance Ninja Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:21:10 AM(UTC)

You likely are not getting voltage from the control to the igniter. Do you have a meter to test voltage with?
nlcowand Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:07:59 AM(UTC)

I failed to mention that the gas valve seems to be working because I smell gas and the broiler works fine.