Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 2:01:46 PM(UTC)

The proper setting is 250 VAC

Gene.
Domenic711 Posted: Friday, March 2, 2012 1:59:56 PM(UTC)

Hi gene, okay I tested the wall and the meter read 244 so that was good. Just to double check ...this is the first time I am using the meter...do you know which setting it should be on to test the vac between the wires as you suggest. When I have it in vac setting the wires read 24 or 60???? Does that seem right.
Gene Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 2:59:22 PM(UTC)

Does your meter have ability to measure AC voltage?

If it does, then check for 240 VAC at the wall outlet.

Remove the terminal block cover on the back of the dryer (#5 on the diagram) and visually check the power cord wires connections to the terminal block.

Check for 120 VAC between the Black & the White wires and the Red & the White wires at the terminal block. Check for 240 VAC between the Red & the Black wires.

Post the results.

Gene.
Domenic711 Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 2:09:39 PM(UTC)

Hi gene, thanks for your patience. We purchased the ohmmeter. Can you give us info on what to test.
Domenic711 Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 2:08:01 PM(UTC)

Hi, we just purchased an ohmmeter...hopefully we can pinpoint the problem. I will be back in touch as soon as I have info to share
Gene Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:17:12 PM(UTC)

Remove the wires from the motor relay at the control board (the upper relay on the left side of the picture) and check for continuity between the relay terminals while the control calls for dry.

Replace the control board if there is no continuity.

- The control board Part number: AP4045210
gsydor Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:19:17 PM(UTC)

also have a dryer that will not start checked all switches thermal fuses door belt switches every one i removed them from dryer when this was done had two techs out neither one could find the problem voltage is ok but when pluged in i get is a small huming noise from the left side near the maine control pannel was thinking of buying anew board but dont know if its returnable amny luck with yours/
Gene Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:00:55 AM(UTC)

Domenic,

Would you believe it or not but I don't trust such test results done by a store people. Especially because the results are very strange. That's why I asked you to redo all tests by yourself. I know you can do it better, follow the instructions mentioned above.

Gene.
Domenic711 Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:59:05 PM(UTC)

I hope I explained it right. We checked each part separately. We would purchase one part, replace it and then plug the dryer in to see if it worked. One by one we replaced all the parts that I mentioned earlier. The last part we replaced was the motor which a technician told us was the issue.
Is there another part or anything else we need to check?
Gene Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 4:10:41 PM(UTC)

Hi Domenic,

I would recommend in such situation to buy a simple multimeter (digital or analog) and redo all tests by yourself. You can order one from APP or buy it from Radio Shack.

The following article on our forum will explain in detail how to run a continuity test using either an analog or a digital meter - How To Check Continuity With Ohmmeter.

- The simple digital multimeter Part number: AP3440648
Part number: AP3440648

Gene.