Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 11:23:57 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: heresjohnnyoh Go to Quoted Post
... Water kept dripping from the value...Now the valve is leaking again...

Sounds like the water valve is not closing properly after it was activated by the ice maker. The water valve is not repairable and I would replace it first and watch how the ice maker will work.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3160649
Part number: AP3160649

Gene.
heresjohnnyoh Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 4:23:49 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: heresjohnnyoh Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Gene, I will order the replacement part and give a shout back if I need anymore help!

Gene, the ice maker started working again after I posted, but now there is a drip of water coming from the fill point that caused the ice maker to ice up. Is this in the value or is the system stuck in a cycle where the water value is not quite closed??

Thanks for a reply!

I ice maker started working again, then after two weeks it iced up. Water kept dripping from the value. I took the valve apart, did not see anything that was clogged, then put it together and the leaking seemed to stop. The ice maker then did not work again, but once.

Now the valve is leaking again.

This all started after replacing the water filter. Now I have shut off the valve to the water supply so it will not ice up again.

Thoughts??
heresjohnnyoh Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:11:27 AM(UTC)

Thanks Gene, I will order the replacement part and give a shout back if I need anymore help!

Gene, the ice maker started working again after I posted, but now there is a drip of water coming from the fill point that caused the ice maker to ice up. Is this in the value or is the system stuck in a cycle where the water value is not quite closed??

Thanks for a reply!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:23:36 PM(UTC)

There is definitely a problem with the ice maker itself and the best solution is to replace it. The new ice maker comes without the front cover, shut off arm and wire harness. You have to use them from the old ice maker.

- The ice maker Part number: AP4360346
Part number: AP4360346

Your other choice can be the ice maker kit with everything included (almost $40 more).

- The ice maker kit Part number: AP2984633
heresjohnnyoh Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:40:41 PM(UTC)

The model number is KSRB25FHSS02 mfg date 01-00. Today I think I heard it trying to move the ice cube release teeth through the ice, but the ice did not release and it stopped.

Thanks
Gene Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 6:47:59 PM(UTC)

The model number you posted is incorrect or incomplete. Verify and repost it.

Gene.
heresjohnnyoh Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 8:20:26 AM(UTC)

I have a similar problem with a Kitchenaid Model KSRB25F5502. The ice maker stopped producing ice. Originally the water line was frozen, I used a hair dryer to remove the ice clog. The ice maker then produced ice for one cycle then stopped producing it again.

There is voltage of 120 across L and N, but when I put a jumper across T and H nothing happens. I do not see any LED panel so I am not sure this model has some of the other features that I have read in some of the posts.

Thanks for any help
Gene Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 11:02:14 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: jmillar Go to Quoted Post
I have done this and the motor does not turn when I jump T and H. My problem started with Ice pusher prongs frozen in ice tray mid rotation. I have good voltage across N and L and no lights in optics window. Any direction on what to do next would be appreciated.
thanks
John

John,

Looks like the ice maker has gone bad.

- The ice maker Part number: AP3182733
Part number: AP3182733

Gene.
jmillar Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 8:15:28 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You have to have a simple multimeter to perform the ice maker troubleshooting.

The first thing I would do is swap the wires between the water dispenser and the ice maker solenoids, push the water release lever on the water dispenser and see if water will come into the ice maker. If it will then there is nothing wrong with the water valve and the water line is clear.

The next step is:

Post the results and the rest of the refrigerator model number.

Gene.

I have done this and the motor does not turn when I jump T and H. My problem started with Ice pusher prongs frozen in ice tray mid rotation. I have good voltage across N and L and no lights in optics window. Any direction on what to do next would be appreciated.
thanks
John
lcaley Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 5:00:15 PM(UTC)

Hi Gene,

This freezer is designed like my Harley, not designed to be worked on:(!!! I finally got the "front cover" off, N&L show 20 volts:o. Next I tested continuity of the heater Test Points H&N and read something in the neighborhood of 8K ohms (High) not the expected 60 - 75 ohms. This appears to point to a bad heater, can you confirm my diagnosis before I purchase a new mold (heater). I am uncertain because when I remove the control module (board with the motor on it) i test the two pins coming from the bottom of the mold it shows a very low resistance. Is the high resistance coming from something in the CM or the heater itself??

Thanks

LarryC