Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 6:17:11 PM(UTC)

GE is very tight with their technical data and does not release it.

See if this service manual will help you, it may be close enough to your model to tell you how to do the job.

http://appliancejunk.com...wnloads;sa=view;down=310
briwill99 Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 5:41:00 PM(UTC)

Can you please point me in the direction to any instructions on replacing the transmission? The clutch was very simple, but htis seems much more involved.
Thank you.
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 5:16:44 PM(UTC)

Yes, it sounds like your clutch is ok. The transmission will have the brake assembly inside so either way that may fix your problem.

If you buy the parts from this site and they do not fix the problem you can return them, see the returns policy for details and conditions, of which there are few.

Good luck, hope this works for you.
briwill99 Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 5:06:33 PM(UTC)

So you are saying I should replace the transmission?
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 1:22:59 PM(UTC)

Since the motor is turning and it agitates this suggests the problem is with the transmission or with the brakes which are inside the transmission housing and not a repair item.
briwill99 Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:42:36 AM(UTC)

Washer agitates but doesnt spin. Belt seems fine. I have ran it with front off and motor runs during spin cycle. Sometimes basket spins a little but not under heavy load. I removed clutch disassembled and cleaned it well with wire brush. A lot of lining left on clutch still. Reassembled and same problem. If it is the clutch is there something I should physically see while inspecting it? Any other thoughts? Transmission maybe?

Thank you.