Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2021 10:55:42 AM(UTC)

Handle broke for me as well after 5 years.
italian059 Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:15:01 AM(UTC)

We changed the handle about a year and 1/2 ago. I opened the door last night to put something in the microwave and it cracked again. So frustrating and ridiculous.
gobbler770 Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:46:03 AM(UTC)

I too suffer the problem of broken handles. On average I replace 2-3 a year. I would just use a butter knife but my wife objects to the look. I replaced one in April and it broke yesterday at the bottom so I will try the liquid nail repair. I have in the past purchased 2-3 handles at a time from appliance parts.

Terrible design, it should be metal not plastic!!!
MIKEMCGEE Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:22:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: monpeasch Go to Quoted Post
We bought our Advantium 120 in August of 2003. Since that time, the door handle has broken off three times. The first two times, it was under warranty, the most recent time, it is not under warranty. Also, the top vent has now broken off - the plastic where the screws go in has broken off. We also had the bottom strip of plastic crack.

I would like to know how many others out there have had the same thing(s) happen and how often? When I talked to GE about it, they said it would have to break three times in a one year period to warrant replacement. I think there is a flaw in the plastic - it should not just break off like that.

Thanks for any replies.

ODD THAT THIS HANDLE WOULD BREAK DO YOU HAVE INSTRUCTIONS TO REPACE THE HANDLE.
rhaman Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:40:01 AM(UTC)

I suggest to those with broken door handles on their GE Advantium ovens not to buy a new handle as it is the same and it will break once again. GE refuses to acknowledge this design deficiency since it makes them a ton of money. My door handle broke on the bottom during warranty. The next time it broke I got and adhesive, Liquid Nails, and glued it back together. 5 years later it is working fine. For the top of the unit, the vent, since it is not visible, I just used adhesive tape. No worries. It is unfortunate that multi national GE Corporation cannot be bothered to fix these design flaws and I am sure they have lost many sales opportunties. Other owners have had even more serious issues with this oven. If may breaks with high repairs costs estimates, it will be tossed in the trash. :mad:
pablo28 Posted: Friday, November 4, 2011 5:51:42 PM(UTC)

WE've owned our Advantium for quite a while now, have replaced our microwave handle 7 or 8 times. This product is flawed and there's no alternative. I've complained but never received a product replacement.
vanw2dlt Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 10:15:29 AM(UTC)

What is the part number for the Advantium 120 door handle so I can order two (guess from what I read it's best to keep a spare on hand)... The oven is in PA and I'm in NJ, so any help appreciated.
Van
Fair Lawn, NJ
vanw2dlt@optonline.net
vanw2dlt Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 10:00:54 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: monpeasch Go to Quoted Post
We bought our Advantium 120 in August of 2003. Since that time, the door handle has broken off three times. The first two times, it was under warranty, the most recent time, it is not under warranty. Also, the top vent has now broken off - the plastic where the screws go in has broken off. We also had the bottom strip of plastic crack.

I would like to know how many others out there have had the same thing(s) happen and how often? When I talked to GE about it, they said it would have to break three times in a one year period to warrant replacement. I think there is a flaw in the plastic - it should not just break off like that.

Thanks for any replies.

Don't know, but ours just broke - so when you find out something, please cc me... thanks, van PA (vanw2dlt@optonline.net)
clabbergirl Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 1:25:23 PM(UTC)

My door handle broke within 2 years of owning it as well as the plastic around the bottom of the door. There is a big chunk missing which I now use as a "handle" to open the door. It is clearly a design malfunction!
Skyaero Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:09:07 PM(UTC)

This is a faulty design. GE should replace this. Why would you put a plastic door fastener on a microwave designed to be mounted over a stove. I hope everyone complains - this is a design issue!