Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jstiel Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 2:37:14 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
You should have received a couple of washers with different thicknesses in the repair kit. Try using the thinner one. Also, try to separate a gap large enough to start the clip, using a flat tipped screwdriver. Use extreme caution to protect your hands in this process. Once the clip is started, use a plier to "squeeze it home". Remember that you're wrestling against a spring pressure of about 200psi; Begin with a generous measure of patience.

Nice tip about how to start it and "squeeze it home" with the pliers. Worked great for me!
magician59 Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:47:20 AM(UTC)

You should have received a couple of washers with different thicknesses in the repair kit. Try using the thinner one. Also, try to separate a gap large enough to start the clip, using a flat tipped screwdriver. Use extreme caution to protect your hands in this process. Once the clip is started, use a plier to "squeeze it home". Remember that you're wrestling against a spring pressure of about 200psi; Begin with a generous measure of patience.
davho Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:00:40 PM(UTC)

Hello, I am trying to install a new thrust bearing kit for my Maytag washer. I am having some difficulty, and I am worried that I received the wrong part. It seems the assembly is just a little too thick and comes out from the stem just enough that I can't get the retaining clip in.
Am I doing something wrong, or do I have the wrong part? Every site I go to gives me the same part number. Thank you if you have any advice for me.