Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ApplianceJunk Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 5:38:02 AM(UTC)

Carl,

Any appliance repair shop should have high temp oven wire and high temp spades.

If you splice it behind the oven were it gets hot I would also use a ceramic wire nut, but I would try to make the splice up in the control panel if you can.
Ctwild Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 5:27:14 AM(UTC)

Hi AJ,

Thanks for the info. I like the idea of splicing a new high temp spade on to the current wire- any suggestions on where to find a high temp spade?

Carl
ApplianceJunk Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 5:15:13 AM(UTC)

Hi Carl,

If your talking about the single wire that runs to the bake element I don't think you will find a part number for that.

Here is the parts list for your range.
Controls & cooktop replacement parts for General Electric RB787WC1WW Electric range | AppliancePartsPros.com

I could not even find a replacement wire harness, but what I would do anyway is splice in a new piece of high temperature oven wire and crimp a new high temp spade on the end of it to plug into the heating element.

I also could not located any high temp oven wire on the APP site, maybe someone else can locate it for us or you should be able to pick up a piece at your local appliance repair shop too.
Ctwild Posted: Monday, December 5, 2011 4:33:39 AM(UTC)

Hotpoint range. Need to replace oven bake element lead. The original yellow lead- which runs from back of control panel through back of oven and connects directly to bake element- burned through. Have removed original and need part number and source for replacement.

Carl