Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Dan O. Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 6:03:08 PM(UTC)

Quote:
I received your Repair Kit P/N 340032

That might be the part number of one of the components in a kit but not for the kit itself. What is the part number of the whole kit (probably on its box) that you received?

Quote:
the instruction sheet states that this for "Free Standing Electric Ranges."

The same replacement control may be used in different applications. I don't know of any specific differences needed for use between a gas or electric range model.

Quote:
Do I need to make the rewiring changes for a gas range?

If your installation has those components described, my guess would be yes, they likely need to be changed on your model as well. I have no personal experience with your installation though.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
pcroe Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 12:43:03 PM(UTC)

I received your Repair Kit P/N 340032 for my Roper range, which is gas. Your shipping person tells me I received the correct part. However, the instruction sheet states that this for "Free Standing Electric Ranges." Is this the correct part for a gas range?

Also, the existing controller is a Robertshaw unit. The instructions for the replacement part give directions for rewiring the ground and for rewiring once of the leads to the three-pin connector. Do I need to make the rewiring changes for a gas range?

I look forward to your response.